Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Tweaked Potato Recipe

Hello! Recently, I came across a potato chip recipe that I fell in love with. I got it from health.com, but decided to tweak the recipe a bit. You see, it calls for sweet potatoes and I hate sweet potatoes, which caused me to use good ol' Idaho potatoes instead. Here's the recipe and such. Let me know what you think if you try it. I think it's a good alternate to regular greasy fries or potato chips.

Ingredients
3/4 pound potatoes ( 3 medium to large potatoes)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (I used Cayenne Pepper)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Ranch Dressing (optional)


Now for the directions: 

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Next, Cut your potatoes into 1/4 inch think slices and set aside.


Combine the olive oil, chili powder (or cayenne), salt, and ground cumin to the potatoes and mix together


Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and add a single layer of potatoes. Place in the oven and set the timer for 10 minutes. Once the ten minutes is up, take the sheet out and flip the potatoes, then put them back in the oven for another ten minutes.


Then, they're done! Take them out of the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. 


Finally, you can enjoy this yummy french fry alternate with some ranch.


MMMM!! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment